CRSB's Exeutive Director, Fawn Jackson, has moved to a new role in Government and International Relations with the Canadian Cattlemen's Association. CRSB is therefore, seeking to hire a new Executive Director located in our Calgary office. We welcome applications from individuals with relevant experience interested in working with our diverse membership to advance sustainability in the Canadian beef industry.
Please see job posting below and attached.
Executive Director: Canadian Roundtable for Sustainable Beef
The Executive Director is responsible for the strategic planning, management of staff and finances, fundraising, and stakeholder relations for the CRSB.
Location: Calgary, Alberta
Responsibilities of the position include:
- Strategic planning, direction and priority setting
- Stakeholder/Membership relations
- Ensure delivery of Council secretariat services
- Support the General Assembly, Executive Board, Committees and Technical Working Groups
- Manage internal and external communications and fundraising activities
- Manage staff and finances, including drafting, measuring, monitoring and managing the budget and all financial matters
- Ensure that legal requirements for business operation are met
- Support projects with other organizations and donor agencies serving CRSB stakeholders and any interested party
- Any other responsibilities delegated by the Council
- An undergraduate or graduate degree relevant to working in sustainable agriculture.
- A minimum of 5 years of experience; experience in agriculture and organizational leadership preferred
Skills and Abilities
- Enthusiastic team player with a strong interest in sustainable agriculture systems and organizational leadership
- Knowledge of sustainable agriculture standards and verification systems
- Budget and legal management experience
- Ability to set and implement strategic business plans
- Knowledge of various production practices in agriculture
- Strong interpersonal skills crucial for developing working relationships internally and externally with multi-stakeholder audience
- Strong organizational skills
- Organized and self-motivated; ability to work independently and in a team;
- Strong commitment to the vision, mission and principles of the CRSB
- French language capabilities an asset
Commensurate with qualifications and experience
Click here for full job posting.
Please submit resumes to:
David Moss, General Manager
Canadian Cattlemen’s Association
180, 6815 - 8th Street NE
Calgary, AB T2E 7H7