The CRSB is seeking to staff a Technical Manager to lead its Certification Framework.
Reporting to the Executive Director, the Technical Manager works closely with CRSB membership and partner organizations. Collaborating with multiple stakeholders, this position is responsible for planning, developing, maintaining and improving all technical elements of the Framework, including standards, requirements, policies, procedures, guidance and reporting for all product lines and supply chains.
- Maintain and strengthen working relationships with all relevant stakeholders, including existing Framework users, new potential users, the oversight body, certification bodies and international standards organizations
- Ensure CRSB’s programming supports Framework users to comply with technical elements
- Lead all technical Framework-related inquiries and coordinate responses
- Refine and expand the monitoring and evaluation system; this includes collecting biannual reports from Framework stakeholders and completing various data analyses
- Work planning, budgeting and contractor coordination
- Assist with business management activities
- Standardize and centralize data management, administrative processes and technical
- Work with CRSB’s communications and marketing team to develop and refine relevant communication resources
- Maintain Framework documents, systems and processes (standards, chain of custody, assurance protocols, certification body requirements, conflict of interest policy, auditor training, etc.)
- Work with the CRSB’s Framework Committee as required to update certification framework elements and seek direction on emerging strategic developments
*Occasional travel required
- Bachelor’s degree required. Master’s degree preferred.
- At least five years’ work experience related to agriculture
- Demonstrated relationship building skills
- Demonstrated experience with project management and coordination
Exceptional problem-solving skills
- Ability to professionally navigate competing demands, and identify common interests and potential solutions
- Exceptional time management, communication and teamwork skills; proven experience managing many priorities
- Knowledge of sustainable agriculture standards and verification/certification systems
- Knowledge of the beef cattle industry and associated supply chains
- Ability to work independently and in a team setting
- Ability to professionally engage with various stakeholder groups
- Capacity to express ideas clearly in writing; excellent interpersonal and presentation skills
- Self-motivated, detail-oriented and organized with the ability to multitask, prioritize and manage time effectively
Please submit your resume and cover letter outlining your qualifications and experience related to this position by Friday, October 30, 2020.
Executive Director, CRSB