Position: Summer Intern
Location: Calgary, AB
The Canadian Roundtable for Sustainable Beef (CRSB) is a collaborative, multi-stakeholder initiative focused on advancing environmental, social and economic sustainability in the Canadian beef industry. The CRSB drives recognition and continuous progress in beef sustainability through sustainability benchmarking, setting strategic goals, and communicating on-the-ground continuous improvement. CRSB’s Certified Sustainable Beef Framework was developed as a tool to: recognize sustainable practices in beef production and processing through on-site 3rd party certification; support sustainable sourcing commitments for the retail and foodservice industry; and provide credible, science-based claims about sustainable beef production in Canada.
We are looking for a talented, self-motivated individual to participate in our Summer Intern Program.
The Summer Intern Program is a unique opportunity for students interested in the Canadian beef industry across a broad range of topics. The successful candidate will be involved in collaborating on research projects in the areas of productivity, sustainability, policy, and global markets as they relate to the Canadian beef industry.
- Develop a social media plan and content to test for TikTok
- Support other social media and communication channels with content and delivery
- Support the 2023 Projects Inventory
- Support the Certified Sustainable Beef Framework website update
- Assist with event preparation and delivery
- Assist with administrative tasks
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Applicants must be enrolled in undergraduate, graduate, or post-graduate studies
- Applicants should be enrolled in an agriculture or associated program, have beef production experience, and/or an expressed interest in pursuing a career in the Canadian beef industry
- Must have a minimum GPA of 3.0 and be available for the duration of the internship
- Experience using Microsoft Teams, Excel, Canva, WordPress considered an asset
- Must have excellent creative writing and communication skills
- Must be able to work in CCA’s Calgary office (COVID measures in place)
The deadline for applications is December 2, 2022 or until position is filled.
Please send your resume and cover letter to:
Canadian Roundtable for Sustainable Beef
180, 6815 – 8th Street NE Calgary, AB T2E 7H7
The Canadian Cattle Association is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: CCA is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at CCA are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, colour, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in Canada.