Projects Inventory Survey
Demonstrating, Piloting & Promoting Beef Sustainability
Contribute to continual progress in the sustainability of Canadian beef through our Projects Inventory. An annual intake survey keeps the inventory current.
What is a Project for Continuous Improvement?
Any project that demonstrates, pilots, or promotes practices that contribute to advancing one of the CRSB’s Sustainability Strategy goals.
Applied research and technology transfer could be considered demonstration but needs to be at a commercial scale, target a specific audience and link to a specific practice that supports one of the goals.
Projects are frequently local or regional in nature, as they address issues for specific ecosystems, habitats and production practices that are often influenced by weather and natural resources.
NOTE: Primary research projects, while contributing to the conversation and advancing knowledge in these areas, are excluded from this survey.
- An applied research project working with feedlot operators measuring the benefits and impact of rolled compacted concrete would be included.
- An initiative piloting or demonstrating ways to reduce food waste at retail or foodservice would be included.
- A research project to better understand the rumen microbiome would be excluded
About the Survey
This survey is open to all – CRSB members and non-members. We encourage anyone leading or participating in a project that supports the goals of the National Beef Sustainability Strategy to submit a project, and share with your contacts and partners.
Projects submitted do not need to be connected to existing CRSB efforts.
Instructions for Completion
The survey must be completed online via the link provided below.
A word document outlining the information that is needed to complete the survey is provided here, and is meant only as a guide to help you prepare your answers to the survey questions.
Please Note: if you have multiple projects to enter, please complete a separate form for each one.
The survey is open annually April 1 to May 31.
Process for inclusion on website inventory
Eligible projects will be featured on the CRSB’s online project inventory, subject to approval by the Scientific Advisory Committee.
Approved projects will be evaluated based on documentation submitted through the online survey, with priority given to projects that are explicitly aligned with Global Roundtable for Sustainable Beef principles and criteria, clearly contributing to the CRSB’s Sustainability Strategy goals, and reference the Certified Sustainable Beef Framework Indicators. Other criteria include:
- Project clearly contributes to the Canadian beef value chain striving to be environmentally sound, socially responsible and economically viable;
- Project is pre-competitive, and does not promote a specific company, product or service
- Project has components that allow for continuous improvement, and
- Project should report on any Certified Sustainable Beef Framework indicators or other sustainability-related performance indicators being measured
Projects that meet the necessary requirements will be reviewed and approved for inclusion on CRSB’s inventory by the CRSB Scientific Advisory Committee. CRSB reserves the right to approve or exclude any project, as per the discretion of the Scientific Advisory Committee.
The participating organization acknowledges that inclusion of a project on the CRSB website is intended solely for the purpose of supporting communication and networking efforts within the Canadian beef sustainability community. Such acknowledgement in no way whatsoever constitutes an agreement by the CRSB to fund the project set forth in the sustainability project inventory; any implication is unauthorized and invalid.
Learn more about Sustainability Project Recognition.