The Canadian Roundtable for Sustainable Beef (CRSB) is seeking a Certification Framework Manager.
The Manager will oversee the implementation and delivery of the Certified Sustainable Beef Framework—the first outcome-based certification program for beef sustainability in the world— as well as provide project management support to the CRSB. The Manager will report to the Executive Director and provide support to the Certified Sustainable Beef Framework Committee.
This position will play a leading role in helping to facilitate the framework for the Canadian beef industry to be a global leader in the continuous improvement and sustainability of the beef value chain, through multi-stakeholder engagement, communication, collaboration and science.
The Manager will work in the Calgary office. This is a one-year contract position with potential for extension.
Lead the implementation and delivery of the Certified Sustainable Beef Framework
- Provide staff support to the Certified Sustainable Beef Framework Committee and ensure goals and priorities are met
- Maintain excellent working relationships with Framework stakeholders and participants
- Coordinate with the Oversight Body and manage relationships with new and existing Certification Bodies
- Develop the monitoring and evaluation system for the Framework, to facilitate impact reporting to membership and the public
- Provide technical expertise to supply chains seeking to use the Framework, and coordinate downstream and upstream uptake of the Framework
- Maintain Framework documents and auditor training program
- Lead interpretation, exception and other Framework-related requests and processes
Provide project management for select CRSB work streams
- Develop, support and manage partnerships to maximize the impact of the CRSB
- Write project proposals and grant applications
- Track milestones and deliverables
- Draft project reports for membership and funding agencies
- Develop and maintain working relationships with funding agencies
- Support technical aspects of the CRSB’s projects pillar, currently under development
Education: An undergraduate or graduate degree relevant to working in sustainable agriculture.
Experience: Minimum of 5 years of experience; experience in agriculture preferred.
Skills and Abilities:
- Enthusiastic team player with a strong interest in sustainable agriculture systems
- Knowledge of various production practices in agriculture
- Knowledge and understanding of sustainable agriculture standards/certification programs, auditing methods, and the beef value chain
- Demonstrated ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment
- Demonstrated ability to work with multiple stakeholders to accomplish a task
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and in a team
- Strong interpersonal skills crucial for developing working relationships internally and externally with a multi-stakeholder audience
- Organized and self-motivated
- Strong commitment to the vision, mission and principles of the CRSB
Please submit a resume and cover letter to Monica Hadarits, Executive Director, no later than February 26th, 2019.
Click here for full job posting.