Position: Member Engagement Manager
Location: Calgary or Ottawa, with hybrid work options available.
Type: Full-time, one-year contract position, with potential for extension. Includes a competitive benefits and pension package.
Salary: Based on successful candidate.
The Member Engagement Manager reports to the Executive Director of the CRSB and works closely with CRSB staff, membership and other stakeholder organizations.
The position is responsible for engaging and supporting CRSB membership, and implementing the organization’s annual communications plan.
- Engage with current and potential CRSB membership
- Continually work to strengthen membership relationships through excellent service and communication of relevant materials
- Regularly engage with members and provide support where required, including setting up meetings, taking notes, identifying needs and ensuring timely follow-up
- Lead development, delivery and maintenance of member assets (e.g., toolkits, CRSB Insider newsletter, member updates, presentations, annual report, etc.)
- Complete annual membership invoicing
- Lead planning and execution of Semi-Annual and Annual General Meetings
- Support the organization’s engagement in events, including the Canadian Beef Industry Conference and the Calgary Stampede
- Support the organization’s communications program
- Provide input into the CRSB’s long-term communications and marketing strategy
- Support the development of the annual communications plan
- Implement the annual communications plan, including social media content, website maintenance and metric tracking
- Monitor CRSB in the media, and lead media engagement, key message development, press release drafting and distribution, and internal media training
- Other duties as assigned depending on skill set, experience and interest
Qualifications and Skills
- Certificate or undergraduate degree in communications, business, agriculture or related field
- Minimum 3 years’ experience engaging with various stakeholder groups with diverse perspectives and building and maintaining stakeholder relationships
- Experience delivering impactful communications and social media engagement strategies
- Experience planning successful events
- Excellent written and oral communication skills with high attention to detail
- Ability to work independently and in a team setting
- Self-motivated, detail-oriented and organized with the ability to multitask, prioritize and manage time effectively
- Ability to travel occasionally
- Working knowledge of graphic design tools and software is an asset
- Experience in the food industry, agriculture and/or the beef cattle industry is an asset
Please send your resume and cover letter to Monica Hadarits, Executive Director at email@example.com.
About the CRSB:
The Canadian Roundtable for Sustainable Beef (CRSB) is a collaborative, multi-stakeholder organization with a mission to advance, measure and communicate continuous improvement in the sustainability of the Canadian beef value chain. The CRSB achieves its mission through four pillars of work: 1. benchmarking and goals; 2. projects and initiatives; 3. communications and engagement; and 4. certification. Learn more at crsb.ca.
CRSB is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: CRSB is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at CRSB are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, colour, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in Canada.